Monday, June 06, 2005

Raining

Heiroglyphs


Ah Monday... There's perfectly nothing wrong about it of course, it's just that I'm still in my holiday mood and I hate going to work in that kind of mood. Also, I have fully recovered from my perpetual headtrip/stoning/OMGworldisspinningohwaititsonlyme.

First things first.

To Will, thanks a bunch. Looking foward to next Gawai at your kampung again. To Leon, thanks for introducing me to Night train! WOOHOO!

You see, Last Wednesday i.e Gawai, I went over to my Will's kampung to celebrate. Though yes, I am a Bidayuh myself and yes I do celebrate Gawai, though on a much smaller scale, i.e, family gathering and barbeque at my grandpa's place in Kuab(or is it Kuap?)(that's my kampung's name)

Minus the beer/liquor.

Anyway, there's the food and the beer. Lamb curry is excellent! And so is the bamboo chicken! :D Put my stuff up stairs since I was staying the night. Went visiting with the parents around a few other houses and the last house we went to served tapai! (local liquor)

By the time we got back it was already 9 in the evening. Much later on, another friend of ours came by for a visit and stayed till like around midnight. I think I've must slept at about 6 in the morning.

Woke up around 9 (cant be sure) cause Will woke me up. And next thing I know, we were smoking hand-rolled smokes and drinking cold beer in the hot morning. On an empty stomach. For breakfast. And that marked the beginning of my adventure in perpetual headtrip. I must've downed 3 cans of it because the day was just hot. Then went down to escape the heat and had some food(lunch time by then) and had more beer. It was hot and apprently, I was bought in by the theory mentioned by a friend of mine that drinking beer helps to alleviate body heat. So, with that in mind, and a hot day to boot and playing cards to pass the time, I think I had another 3 more cans before I had a shower. Boy, mountain cold water feels good! Raven and Shook were already in the house when I got out of the bathroom and The first thing she said was: "Nick, Hi. Do you remember me?" Wow, I must be looking that stoned to get that question! :D

Felt much better after the bath and had another can when Mac and Azreen arrived. Ziggy, Will's elongated dog (which in my mental state looked like a furry grey sausage) was the star of the moment. Hey, cute dog what... Mac's younger brother who we also called Mac got lost on the way but managed to find the place. Sat down, talked, had fried chicken wings (which goes well with beer) and a smoke, and with the whole group together, Will brought us out to the nearby water fall. Took plenty of shot's there. Will had a swim while the rest of us were either:
a: Climbing rocks
b: taking photo's
c: drinking beer
d: any combination above.

Photo's here

Note: I was still perpetually high.

Had a group photo before we head back and split up. Mac, Azreen, Raven and Shook head back to check up on the kitten and a shower before meeting up at Leon's place.
The other Mac stayed behind with me and Will. Had dinner, packed up and met up at Leon's place. Gerome, Mac and Azreen were there already and a while later, Raven and Shook arrived thus completing the circle.

Note: Still perpetually high at that time.

There we were, we being Leon, Will, Raven, Shook, The Other Mac, Gerome, Azreen, Mac and Will's significant other. To get the ball rolling, Leon open up the Night Train, and man, that is one good liquor! Then we had Tequila. This is where my headtrip went gaga. World is spinning, tequila in me throat which by the way, is what tequila does to me. It tends to stick to my throat like it's gonna come up, even after the orange drink and lots of plain water. Listening to chill out music from The Other Mac's repertoire and taking advice from Raven and Mac does alleviate to some extent. I had to leave much earlier though, cause I was bumming a ride back home. There is no way am I going back on my bike in that condition! Had another bath and pass out. Thing is, there doesnt seem to be any hangover's.

Nor was I feeling thirsty.

Meh.

Gaming on Neverwinter Nights does however keep my focus, and avoid family disgruntles. Yes, From Friday till Sunday I did nothing much except playing Neverwinter Nights.

Second,
I got upset and dissapointed at some of the things that Terence and his significant other had told me a few days back. Though it made me feel embarrass for troubling them, hey, history's history. No point staying there but to move on and hope and pray that it wont happen again. Also the issue has been adrressed and resolved. Now, on to reading Order Of The Stick!

P/S: RWMF coming soon. Me Bailey's is still waiting...

No comments: