Thursday, February 08, 2007

Treat's

I wanted to post this yesterday but the connection here in the office lately is unstable. We pretty much narrowed it down to the router fucking up, the power keeps on tripping in a very isolated manner which i find it strange, the telephone line is fucked or the server's services is fucked.

Take your pick, I'm sure either of them are correct.

Anyway, yesterday around lunch time, a good buddy of mine Terence, passed me the 2nd hand ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. My cost, RM600. Came in its box, anti-static bag, 2 full games (Counter Strike: Condition Zero & Yager), DVD playback software and manual.

And the card gotten an upgrade in heatsink cooling. The GPU is using the Thermaltake Dual Heatpipe Cooling heatsink and that thing is HUGE! Also, the RAM chips have copper heatsinks stuck to them. Aparrently, this is built with long gaming hours in mind. I'm thinking maybe 12 hours gaming non-stop.

All I need now is to put them all together. To do that, I need a new casing. And I want a Wacom tablet. ^@^

No comments: