Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Gather round children...

Aside from that horrible title, you could say I had a misadventure of sorts. For those living in Kuching a.k.a Cat City, you'd probably know that the rain that came down was insane and just about the same time that most people finish their work hours.

Now after waiting for the rain to slow down, put on me trusty raincoat and brave teh rain with my steed (a.k.a motorbike). I barely got out to the main road and the jam was stretch all the way to Ellis road!

And just how I found out that it was all the way to Ellis road? Because I got stuck there. My bike's engine got drowned, in a sense of the word and for all the kick-starting till my soles are sore, i can't get it started again. So I reluctantly called the only reliable help at the time:

Muh poppa.

Reluctantly because he'll go Why you go that way blah blah blah should have tool's blah blah blah we're on the way blah blah blah next time remember to blah blah blah...

So waited till my parent's arrived and after dad cleaned the spark plug, I gave it another kick-start. Wouldn't work so use the old method of shifting to gear 2 and psuhing it. The engine started and after running the engine for a while I let the engine died and tried to kick start it again. NO go. SO we repeated that process again and this time, we decided to head back because there's no way the engine is going to start with the kick-start method.

There I was, revving the engine at the first gear. All the way from the Hai Pa Wang restaurant straight home, in the rain. Every kilometer felt like the engine was just gonna die out, period. Then reaching a nearby rows of shop, I saw my parent's car drove in so I followed. It turns out that there was still a mechanic shop still open. And they repair bikes! Breathe a sigh of relief (and a moment of haleyuyah) and told the mechanic about what happened. They got down to fixing and immediately, I saw them tinkered with some just for a split moment and the other saying something that sounded like he saw and knew exactly what was wrong. They asked me to try it again. Lo and behold, One kick, and the engine comes to life! When I asked them how much, they said "No charge". So after thanking them gratefully and a number of times, I happily headed home. While driving/biking/riding back home, I was going 'DUH!' to myself and laughing at the situation.

Managed to snap a couple of photo's too of the flood at Ellis road.






Tomorrow I can only hope that my engine is all right. I think I just might want to drop over at the nearby mechanic shop to make sure.

No comments: