Monday, October 03, 2005

Post-dental report

Woke up at about 7:30 something and reminded myself again that I'm supposed to be off work today. Had a breakfast of consisting of eggs, onions and potatoes. That will probably be the last meal I have for today.

Dad drove me and mum to the hospital where I was gonna have my surgery. And as can be expected, there's not a single vacant parking lot. So mum and I got off to find out where the dental clinic was and waited.

When my name got called they got me to go another X-ray scan. Curious considering that previously at the polyclinic, they already had an X-ray of my tooth. Hmm... probably to check up on any changes in the tooth.

Well, the hospital staff and the dentist were very friendly and very professional. Much improved service. We joked around, laughed, to get me calmed down or at least reduce my anxiety. Then, half of my lower jaw started to feel numb and tingly. It still feels that way, except that kinda felt like me drooling, altough I did not drool. It just an imaginary feeling.

The dentist told me that she will try to extract the tooth without having to perform a minor surgery. So there I was, numb and tingly on the lower half of my jaw, hearing and feeling the drill going at my tooth. Then another dentist pops over to have a look. 5 minutes of fame lah katakan....

I did however got a look at how my tooth is because the plastic cover that the dentist used acted like a mirror. So I literally saw my tooth being drilled. Then they pulled out the pieces and proceeded to remove the tooth. A few yanks and pulls later, out it comes. That felt... funny. Don't ask.

Then she proceeded with the cleanup. Sucking out the blood and saliva, cleaning the area with water before stitching it up. Then I asked for a sick leave and it was all over. Right now, I haven't eaten anything or drink anything at all. Still bleeds though, and I think the numbness is going away... Time to pop some panadol.

What's the lesson? Bring your kids (or yourself) to the dentist at least once a year. unlike me who stopped going there after primary 6. That's 2 tooth out, and 2 more to go. Going to play Neverwinter Nights liao.

No comments: