Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Randomness

Well, the movie Kemusnahan Doom wasn't as bad as I prophesized it would be *ok, ok I was actually eager to watch it*. Other than that, all of us at the cinema there had a good laugh when the direct B.M of the title was displayed. So... i can't of another phrase for it except, mati pucuk, or potong stim.

I mean the whole close up of a complex moving and closing the doors or vaults or whatever and the camera zooms out to focus on the title like it was so awe-like, and then translation had to come in. I loved the FPS view in the movie! and that BFG, which I thought it originally meant Big Farking Gun but the monitor displays it as Bio-Force Gun and Sarge(played by Teh Rock) calls it "Big Fat Gun." Yeah, it was filtered.

The BFG did looked toned down in the movie, but in the movie scope, there's no way you can miss what the BFG looks like. And like Mac said, they did missed out on the rocket launcher.

Other memorable bits from the movie:

Portman describing his holiday as "locking himself in a hotel room with 3 beautiful she-boys".

The Kid retorting his handle, The Kid. "The Kid??"

Duke going "Say my name baby." Yeah! Say it! WOO!!! *ahem*

One of the marines, Goat, I think, says: "We're now acouple million lightyears from breakfast". After they used the alien transport system.

Reaper explaning to The Kid (The Kid??) after what the guy in the wheel chair meant by UAC making rare, minute mistakes "It means he got to Mars while his other half got lost halfway across the galaxy". Or something similiar.

Sarge calling the wheelchair guy, Pinky. Yes, Pinky.

Pinky asking the Japanese dude why he's called Mac when he doesn't look like one. Mac said his real name which I can't remember and Pinky: "Oh."

Sarge ordering Portman to "Go down the hole"

Pinky aiming his pistol at Sarge and Sarge looking past Pinky in horror and Pinky going all-realisation-I'm-so-dead look saying "There's something behind me, isn't it?"

Sarge before being pulled away saying "I'm not supposed to die!"

FPS!!! Not Frames per second you dolt!

More, but that would just spoil the ending. Hee...

In other news, I had confirmed my suspicions that there are women who do view a moment out on a motorbike with a boyfriend as romantic. Regardless of wheter its a one of them RM40,000 800cc super bikes or choppers, or a day in, day out regular joe motorbike. If anyone has seen my bike, this doesn't apply. And I have this fear of bringing anyone else on that thing for the matter. Not until I can budget enough to fix the darn thing, which I'm pretty pissed at myself because the cost I put in for my car is pretty much wasted because the damn thing kept on giving problems one after another and I've decided to sell it to stop myself bleeding financially dry.

You know, coming to think of it, I've spent more time going around with my bike than the car. Hmm... I've been a very bad, bad bike owner. She needs a total makeover. The body needs to be removed of rust and re-sprayed because my dad took upon himself to spray it black. Black's cool, I like the colour, but I'm not about to risk my life using it at night. Maybe a concoction of bright metallic red and dark, gloomy purple... Or gold mix. Hmm...

Then she need's new legs, i.e. shock absorbers. and new shoes, i.e. rims. I have my mind set on those racing 3-spoke rims, but none of them I've seen are chromed. That, and another overhaul of the system. And also the a complete re-wire of the whole thing.

New exhaust. Lord knows there's so much rust there one can get a tetanus infection just by looking at it! In fact, my bike needs a total do-over badly for the last... 5,6 years since I got hold of it? The last thing I bought was a pair of grips which is too big and has nearly fallen apart, if not already. That was years ago. And the last overhaul was 4 years ago. Bad, bad bike owner.

Oh, and I was disscussing with my colleague the prospect of our individual future, financially and calculating the cost of marriage based on our current situation. It's bleak, to say the least, and I'll probably need to work as a slave for 53 months just to save that amount of money. Heh.

No comments: