Sunday, April 24, 2005

Pain Series



Oww. My body is aching all over. But it was good, nonetheless. Now, the tale as I can best remember before passing out on my bed from fatigue.

I was part of the volunteer group for the Youth ER event. Helped out mostly in the concert setup. initially had bought the tickects for it, but then when i realised that I can go watch the concert for free...

DOH! *forehead slap*

Anyways, there wasn't much I did, I mean there were others that did a whole lot more stuff to do, like sound and light check, stage check and crowd control and logistics, etc...

I think I was more on the multiple role type/lift stuff support. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, i just thought I could help those guys out more.

Still, it was great. Got to help out move audio and stage equipment. Those things are heavy and insanely expensive! And I got to handle them! I mean, a drum set that cost RM50k?! Wah lau eh!


Final hour of systems check



Met some old friends, got to know new friends, and enjoyed the show, for free! I could have taken better pictures but my digicam batteries died on me.

After the concert was the mass take down. Eleectrical extensions taken down, lights taken down, equipment put back into their special boxes, take down banners, switch off the generators and alot of use of my inferior musle power.

Got back home around 1 am. Was real tired but feel pretty good. one way to get a workout, have fun and meet people. Tiring but fun.

And I found out that there was 2 other people with the same name as my own so, it gets confusing for a while...

Nick!

Which one?

On another note, never walk too close behind a person, especially after a rain and there's trash around, particularly discarded junkfood stuff. Why ye ask? well, it could contain water and if it was angled just right, with just the right amount of water and at the just the right timing, the guy in front could have stepped on it, thus builing up pressure, forcing the liquid to be squirted (stop that you perv!) at the right angle and force to stain your shirt and pants and possibly your face.

Why am I saying all this? Your's truly was the guy walking behind another guy when it happened.

And I was pleasantly suprised by today's papers.

No comments: