Monday, April 18, 2005

Road tripping

Man, it feels good to be home.


I'm back at work now, getting some what 4 hours sleep on my bed, and a hours zoning in and out of consciousness while sitting on the bus on the way back to Kuching from Miri.


Note to everyone:

The next time anyone plans on taking the express bus, bring along your cold-weather jacket, thick pair of pants and a blanket. It's freezing cold, so cold to the point that I can't even sleep.

Lasagna On Friday Lunch
Cheesy goodness



Last Friday, I had lunch with Eric and Azreen because she wanted to pass me a book. Got home from work, rushed like mad through food, time in the toilet and a quick shower and a mad pack moment. Managed to snagged a couple of pictures while waiting for the bus at the Tebakang Bus terminal.

Tickets
I got ticketed


In The Bus
Terminal in Kuching


Took off a little after 7p.m. And 15 minutes into the journey, I was already shivering.


Kept my friends advice in mind.

Eat little, drink plain water sparingly. You're holding that for the next 15 hours. And I think the freezing temperature must've helped by lowering my metabolism.


Not much to see at night so mostly slept it through and the only time I woke was when we had reach one of the stop points. Reached Sibu at about 2 a.m on Saturday morning. I was impressed at the cleanliness of the toilet facilities there. Seriously, it easily puts the toilet condition in Kuching bus terminal to shame.

Sibu Terminal
I ain't in Kuching no more



Mr. Bean Cafe2
Seriously, could there be any worse name than this?



Mirror Shot
It's so clean, I had to get a snap of it



Then continued on till we reached Bintulu at about 5 a.m. I wanted to take a leak but wouldn't you know it, they locked the toilet. Oh well...

Bintulu
Purrdy colours


Benz Baby
Benz -zi woo!



We had another stop at the Batu Niah food court a little over 8:30 a.m. Got out to warm myself up soaking up the rays of the sun. The bus is really THAT cold. And Digi still hasn't got any coverage here.


Reached the Miri Pujut Bus terminal a little over 9a.m. Took the taxi to the inn I was staying and it cost me RM 13! Cant expect much since it's a taxi after all. Got the room and messaged Rita what room number I was staying in and took a shower. For RM42 per night, IMHO they should at least provide shampoo packets, and tooth paste.

Miri Tricked Out Bicycle
The first thing I shot when I got there



Finished my shower and got myself dressed and groomed when she knocked on my door. I gotta say she's cute. She's no jaw-dropping model babe, she's just right. And she's rather shy. And she's MY sayang.

My Sayang & I
That's us


We talked, because both of us could use a moment to rest up for a while. So while lying on the bed, we talked about each other and I showed her some of the picture's I kept in the camera. We talked about friends and families, what happened in my life and her life, and planned on how to spend the day. We took our time getting from place to place, though I was a bit worried at the weather. And as I promised her, I showed up, took her for lunch, movie and dinner. And I was with her.

There was a rat in the cinema. Seriously, i was looking at the door when i noticed something black and small quickly moved from under the row of where we were sitting to the row on the other side. And if you haven't watched the movie “Undead”, don't. Unless you're into the movies that don't make sense or require any brain functionality. It's not horribly bad, just corny, bad. There's zombies, Chow-Yun-Fatt gun slinger dude, the annoying, self-centered police dude and hapless victims. Did I mention that the zombies are rather corny as well? And the whole movie is set in Australia, Berkeley to be exact. And the bunch of chinese girls that was also in the movie were screaming. Like the typical 1980's ghost stories hapless female victims screams. Ans the scream blended so well to the movie that I was actually looking and concentrating hard whose character was screaming in the movie. Needless to say, at the end of the whole movie, I was in the “What the Flick?!” moment. Still, it's an experience.

We later went walking around to get the toothpaste and shampoo and toothbrush for us. Headed back to the inn and rested up. Dinner was KFC meal, not the most romantic I'll agree, but it was pretty late, I had no car and no idea of where to go. At least the KFC restaurant was right next to where I was staying so I had a take away order. Dinner was on the bed, bet you cant do that at home! Cleaned up, and just spend time in each other's company till I fell asleep. I think I fell asleep first, I remembered her falling asleep later and I turned off the TV, and then woke up at about 7:30. She said she was lying on me and I hadn't noticed that. Though I did woke up later and she was hugging me. After I got ready and packed for the home trip, we walked together and took the taxi and dropped her at the bus station before I headed back to the bus express terminal.


There was a Japanese lady who was on the same bus as well, and she spoke Malay very well! Cool, though I wish I wasn't so shy to talk to her. There was a lot more to see but then my camera had ran out of juice so no picture's of the return trip. On the way back i was surviving on buns and plain water. Temperature was okay till 7p.m. Then I had stomach cramps, like the one where I-gotta-go. Luckily it stopped. My friends picked me up and had a late night dinner.


My sayang did something real sweet. She asked me to call her and when I got back, she welcomed me back to Kuching and she wrote a real nice message. And that's the story. Last Sunday, there was a military expo at the Padang Merdeka in Kuching. All the armaments and medical supplies, anesthetics and morphines....

Heeee.......
Chasing Cups
Souvenirs

No comments: