Sunday, January 30, 2005

I Went Out & All I Got Was A Shirt

Warning: This is going to be another one of my nonsense-not-making-any-sense-because-I'm-bored-shit entry.

Today I woke up feeling.
Off.

1 part wanted to get to the office to prep the class ready so I don't have to do anything on Monday, another wanted to sleep in and forget about it. And another wanted to get up and go NFS:U2. And another was going "what the...?" But since I'm was already up, I proceeded to do the next ritual, general hygiene.

This is what happened. I saw the toothpaste without the cap(Why don't they EVER close the CAP?!*Insert profanity here*) I proceeded to pick it up, ran the tube over running water because I do not want to use algae on my mouth, put it down exactly where I left it, picked my toothbrush, looked at the hanging mirror shelf thingy and went:
"Where's the toothpaste?" Apparently I was still frolicking in the forest. Nude.

Got to the office late, did what I set out to do and used the internet for free. Got home, played NFS:U2, went online, d/w and slept.

Uneventful isn't it? In which in an ironic sense, I got to do all 3, except the "What the..." part of me.

Woke up later, and decided to move my lazy soft ass into some cleaning chores. Either that or my incessant yack-ing from my mum and granny going:
"Aiyo! U stat clean ur room now boy! I kenot tahan! vely gelam!" etc, etc, etc.
Best attempt at translating hokkien in my current mentality. POOR.

On a lighter note, the afternoon looked beautiful. Although it's a little too bright for my eyes. Then I remembered. I have to buy new clothes. It's a thing with the Chinese New Year celebration. What the fuck is wrong with using the old clothes that still looks okay and you know that if I were to get my own clothes, I would rather eat hot sand than to shop for my own apparel. I suck. I have no fashion sense, never did, never will.

Tried the help from a friend. One's busy, another sleeping, another working, another is on the mainland. The only thing I can look foward to this whole thing is that I have an excuse to get myself into the shower. And so with RM50 and my ever faithful musicbox, I brave the world of shopping, by myself. Again.

It's nice to take a walk. After all, I could use the exercise. My muscle's are degenerating, my midsection is one lumpy midsection, and I have too much caffeine coursing around that still hasn't died down. Yet.

If I hadn't my music blaring in my ear, I'd probably be too afraid to venture out. My music is my rescue, my lazy couch. I can walk like a retard and I wont care. I would do air guitar and I don't care. I could sing softly, or miming in public and I don't care. The late afternoon scenery was nice. I haven't really enjoyed that since my insertion into uni life. Will not go there and get fucking depressed again.

Reached the departmental store and went straight to get A shirt and get out as soon as possible. Problem. I can't find any. I mean yeah, sure there's shirts and stuff everywhere but there was NONE that caught my attention. It was either:
Ah beng
Ah beng
Ah beng
gay
Ah FUCKING beng or an official gaydrobe
So in my despair I had to BROWSE for shirt.
browse
browse
browse
browse some more.
Then, I have no idea why, my mind just went:
"Cool. Roadkill shirt. get it." It's blue, it's a brandname I cant even pronounce and it's got bad stiching and there's 4 lines running across. Hence, roadkill.
Paid for it and was just outside when mum called and asked where I was. And apparently they weren't far at all. So I walked over the coffee shop they're at and had quite a meal.

I can kiss my walking efforts goodbye.

Followed them in the car home, then was busy checking some more blogs then my mum asked what shirt I bought. I showed it to her and she went:
"Aiyo. So girlie kaler wan." FUCK.
And after buying another hard evidence that I suck at shopping, I proceeded to go link-hopping to get that image of 'I'm a fashion horror' out of my head.

Then black out.

Aahhh fuck.
So, in darkness I somehow managed to grope for my phone and depended on it like my cave-dwelling ancestors. After watching my parents fumbling for candles and hearing kids cry because the darkness is scary stuff, I took a walk outside.

It was absolutely beautiful. I have never seen anything more grand than a star-filled night sky. Made me feel all glowy inside. Plus reminded me of some one I miss terribly so but she has no idea in the world how badly I MISS her.
So, I took rather dark walk under the stars and just marveled at it. Makes me wonder about all the things I missed because I was so self-absorbed and depressed. Perhaps still am. And I hate that.

Anyway power came back so now I am here, blogging about it.

Not so bored now. Am hungry. Need coffee. Need shower.

No comments: